Published: Wed, October 04, 2017
Research | By Derrick Holloway

Sheriff says gunman's Aussie girlfriend has questions to answer

Sheriff says gunman's Aussie girlfriend has questions to answer

Marilou Danley the presumed girlfriend of Las Vegas shooter, Stephen Craig Paddock has been cleared of any involvement in Sunday night's mass shooting which led to the loss of 58 lives and 515 injured.

Danley's name first came up because he was Facebook friends with Marilou Danley, whom police had described as a person of interest connected to the suspected shooter.

A little more than an hour later, she had been found out of the country.

She was said to be Filipino but an Australian national and has been living in the United States.

"US authorities were in contact with us about Marilou Danley", she told reporters.

There were also reports that Danley was on vacation in Japan when the Las Vegas shooting happened.

Lombardo said his department has spoken with Danley.

Facebook sets up crisis response page after Las Vegas shooting
We don't check what people say before they say it, and frankly, I don't think our society should want us to. Twitter coughed up false rumors and "missing" people who weren't connected to the slaughter.

Danley's LinkedIn page includes a description wherein she says she's a "gambling and casino professional" living in Reno, reported the Daily Mail.

"She had nothing to do with this psycho, "the person said". She's just his girlfriend", Eric told CBS.

Danley is believed to have lived on the Gold Coast for more than 10 years.

Paddock is a retired accountant and a high-stakes gambler whose bank-robber father was once on the FBI's most wanted list.

A motive is yet to be established. "We have discovered he was utilizing some of her identification". "She's a nice lady, I've met her three or four times".

The BI earlier vowed to cooperate with its global counterparts as the investigation into the Las Vegas massacre continued. More than 500 people were injured, some trampled, in the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history, Reuters reported.

Presidential spokesman Ernesto Abella lamented the number of people who died during the rampage.

Facebook activates safety check after 50 killed in Las Vegas shooting
The tech platforms themselves said they were working to remove the false stories when they saw them. The fake news was "algorithmically replaced by relevant results", Google said, "within hours".

In a statement on Monday, California time, Foreign Secretary Alan Peter Cayetano said the Philippine Consulate General in Los Angeles was monitoring developments after the attack.

During the regular briefing in Malacañang yesterday, Abella said no Filipino casualty has been reported in the incident.

"We join the peace-loving people of the global community in denouncing this latest act of violence", Abella said.

In the aftermath of the chilling tragedy, a go-fund-me page "Las Vegas Victims' Fund" to help those impacted by the shooting set up by Steve Sisolak, Clark County Commission Chair has collected over US$1 million of its US$ 2 million goal.

CBCP-Episcopal Commission on Migrants and Itinerant People chairman Bataan Bishop Ruperto Santos said they condemn the random shooting allegedly done by the lone gunman.

"We hope and pray that all of them are safe and accounted for", Cruz said.

Olympian John Carlos to President Trump: 'Show Me Your True Patriotism'
Owner Jerry Jones joined Cowboys players and coaches in locking arms and taking a knee on the field before the anthem. Both during and after the season, players must remind audiences that political issues don't pause after kickoff.

Like this: