Published: Sun, October 22, 2017
Global | By Shelia Dennis

Trump to OK release of remaining JFK assassination files

Trump to OK release of remaining JFK assassination files

President Trump said he will allow the release of long-classified Central Intelligence Agency and Federal Bureau of Investigation documents about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

U.S. President Donald Trump announced on Saturday that he would allow the release of more than 3,000 previously classified files related to former President John F. Kennedy's assassination more than half a century ago.

Saturday morning, the president tweeted that he plans to allow the files to be opened.

The Washington Post reported that Trump had been urged by government agencies, including the CIA to keep the documents secret.

European Union to cut funds earmarked for Turkey to join bloc
Her remarks come amid reports the United Kingdom has agreed to foot the divorce bill of 40 billion euros (US$47 billion). Alternatively, she could try to team up again with the SPD.

That conclusion, however, has not satisfied many conspiracy theorists. His social media post comes on the heels of reports that he meant to block the release of the files - set to be made public in less than a week by the National Archives.

While most of the investigative information on Kennedy's death has been released by the National Archives over the years, a small batch of files remain locked away and Trump is the only one who can authorise their release. Walter Jones said in a statement earlier this month.

Sabato and other JFK scholars believe the trove of files may, however, provide insight into assassin Lee Harvey Oswald's trip to Mexico City weeks before the killing, during which he visited the Soviet and Cuban embassies.

That deadline was set in 1992, when Congress passed the JFK Assassination Records Collection Act. Charles Grassley, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, brought forward resolutions calling on Trump to "reject any claims for the continued postponement" of the documents.

Trump Suggests 'Pee Tape' Dossier Was Financed Jointly by Russian Federation , the Federal Bureau of Investigation
The firm initially began investigating Trump in September 2015 on behalf of a Republican donor who opposed the real estate baron. The foreign desk had a more sophisticated objective , according to Max, who worked in that department.

In May 2016, while on the presidential campaign trail, Trump gave an interview to Fox News strongly accusing the father of his GOP primary opponent Sen.

After nearly 54 years of questions and conspiracy theories, the world may finally learn all that was officially recorded about the assassination of President John F. Kennedy.

'It's great news that the president is focused on this and that he's trying to demonstrate transparency, ' said Phil Shenon, who wrote a book about the Warren Commission.

India vs New Zealand, 1st ODI at Mumbai
We will have to figure out ways to do that but it's certainly a thing we need to discuss for the future as well. We just want to play good cricket, we have been playing good cricket, it continues to be our main goal.

Like this: